Our brains are constructed to prioritize visuals. In truth, we people course of visuals as much as 60,000 occasions quicker than we course of textual content. That’s why we instinctively know to cease or flee after we’re strolling within the woods and encounter a slithering noodle-shaped reptile in entrance of us.
As an Amazon vendor, how do you finest harness the human mind’s propensity to course of photographs with a purpose to entice consumers and improve conversions to your Amazon product listings?
By delivering compelling photographs and movies, after all.
Amazon frequently supplies new methods for sellers to showcase merchandise of their listings, each visually and in any other case. Right here’s what’s slick, eye-catching, and now out there.
Amazon 360 Pictures: What’s Your Product’s Greatest Aspect? All of Them!
Amazon now presents sellers in choose classes the flexibility to add 360-degree product images.
In these photographs, the product seems to spin in order that the client can look at it from all angles. This know-how is a means for on-line sellers to emulate the in-store procuring expertise by way of their Amazon product listings. Whereas it doesn’t put the merchandise within the shopper’s hand, it comes nearer to the in-store expertise than anything proper now.
Snap36, an organization that helps on-line sellers create these specialised product photographs for Amazon, claims that 360-degree product images improve conversions and reduce returns. Their web site additionally states that Amazon prioritizes 360 images over all different views.
Classes presently enabled for sellers to make use of 360-degree product views embrace:
- House Enchancment
- Garden & Backyard
- Sports activities & Open air
Able to get began with your individual 360-degree product photographs? Listed here are some professional suggestions for making a 360 product video:
- Use a DSLR or different digicam with guide mode (No, your telephone received’t minimize it.)
- Put money into a rotating turntable so you possibly can rotate the product, not the digicam.
- Use a white or impartial background.
- Gentle the product to keep away from darkish spots and shadows.
- Use a 360-viewer app to show your photographs into 360-degree photographs.
At present, Amazon sellers who promote on Amazon.com and on Amazon UK, Germany, and France can allow 360-degree images in product listings for the classes listed above.
Keep in mind the House Purchasing Community and QVC? Amazon is retaining this custom going with Amazon Dwell. And it’s encouraging model homeowners to livestream with Amazon. Why? As a result of 73% of consumers say they’re extra doubtless to purchase a product after they’ve watched a video about it.
Broadcasting your individual livestream by the Amazon Dwell Creator app is totally free. Model homeowners can even apply to be included in Amazon’s personal livestreams by contacting your Account Govt or an Amazon Promoting Marketing consultant.
Digital camera shy? No worries. Amazon additionally permits the usage of pre-recorded video, although they do advocate utilizing different livestream-specific options, resembling dwell chat with viewers, throughout your broadcast.
Professional Ideas for Livestreaming on Amazon:
- Showcase your sophisticated merchandise: A video is an ideal strategy to display all of the bells and whistles of a product when images and textual content description would possibly in any other case fall brief. Display a posh kitchen equipment or a really technical mountain climbing backpack.
- Spotlight your product’s distinctive attributes: Each telephone case supplies safety, however can your telephone case defend a telephone from a 100-foot drop? Preserve the give attention to what makes your product stand out out of your rivals.
- Go someplace sudden: Showcase your product in its pure component. Take your trekking poles out to the path quite than exhibiting them off in a studio.
- Present, don’t inform: You’re on digicam, so hold the give attention to the product quite than you speaking in regards to the product!
- Promote Livestreams off Amazon: Profit from your dwell video content material by additionally selling by way of social media and your mailing listing.
As ever, Amazon units strict guidelines about livestreaming content material on the platform. This contains limiting claims in regards to the product, strict tips for the usage of opinions, and disallowing content material focused at youngsters. Try the Amazon Dwell Creator Group Coverage to remain on Amazon’s good aspect earlier than you start planning your livestream.
At present Amazon Livestream is just out there by the Amazon Dwell Creator app on iOS enabled units.
Visuals Have Gone Large, However Phrases Nonetheless Rock Amazon’s Algorithm and Patrons’ Minds
It’s very important for sellers to utilize Amazon’s images and video options to face out from the pack. However don’t lose sight of the truth that the very best video and 360-photography on the market received’t save your itemizing in case your titles and product descriptions aren’t effectively written and thorough, or your key phrases aren’t optimized for Amazon’s search algorithm. One of the best listings are these which can be strong, clear, useful, pleasant, correct, and preemptively reply consumers’ questions earlier than they even must ask. That requires copy, visuals, opinions, Q&A, and naturally, a very good thought made into a very good product.