Car Restore Services Act
§ 59.1-207.1. Title of chapter
This chapter could also be cited because the Car Restore Services Act.
1979, c. 506.
§ 59.1-207.2. Definitions
As used on this chapter:
1. “Motorcar” shall imply each automobile which is self-propelled or designed for self-propulsion and each automobile drawn by or designed to be drawn by a motorcar and contains each system in, upon or by which any property is or could be transported or drawn upon a freeway, whether or not or not required to be licensed by the Commonwealth, however shall not embody units moved by human or animal energy or units used completely upon stationary rails or tracks. Nor shall it embody these components of a manufactured dwelling which don’t have an effect on the power of the manufactured dwelling to be safely upon a freeway.
2. “Particular person” shall embody any pure individual, agency, partnership, affiliation or company.
3. “Car restore facility” shall imply any one that for revenue diagnoses or corrects malfunctions of, or harm to, a motorcar.
1979, c. 506; 1999, c. 77.
§ 59.1-207.3. Written estimate for restore work required upon request; cost in extra of estimate; circumstances; show of signal required; limitations on legal responsibility for delay; exception
A. Upon request by a buyer, previous to the graduation of any restore work on a motorcar for which a buyer could also be charged greater than $25, each car restore facility doing enterprise within the Commonwealth shall present the client a written assertion of (i) the estimated value of labor crucial to finish the work, (ii) the estimated value of components crucial to finish work, (iii) an outline of the issue or work as described or licensed by the client, and (iv) the estimated completion time. An car restore facility shall haven’t any obligation to offer such written statements previous to 10:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m. throughout a working day.
B. The place a written estimate is requested, no restore work on the motorcar could also be undertaken, aside from such diagnostic work as could also be crucial for the preparation of an estimate, till the written estimate has been offered the client and the client has licensed the work, both in writing or orally, and no cost for restore work in extra of the written estimate by greater than 10 % or, within the case of any motorcar which is no less than 25 mannequin years outdated, 20 % or extension of the time for the work could also be made except the extra work represented by such extra cost or the time extension has been licensed, in writing or orally, by the client.
C. An car restore facility might impose cheap circumstances for its obligations to offer written estimates to a buyer, together with the imposition of an affordable price for the preparation of a written estimate and associated diagnostic work; offered that any such circumstances shall be disclosed to the client on the time of his request by writing or by signal conspicuously posted on the entrance of the auto restore facility.
Every car restore facility shall show in a conspicuous place at any level the place automobiles are usually obtained for repairs, an indication which states that:
1. The client might obtain a written estimate on request;
2. No restore work cost might exceed the written estimate by greater than 10 % except the extra work represented by the surplus cost has been licensed by the client;
3. Any circumstances imposed by the auto restore facility in offering written estimates, such because the restricted hours when written estimates can be ready or the quantity of the cheap price charged for making ready a written estimate and for associated diagnostic work;
4. The ability shall supply to return all changed components besides guarantee, core cost or trade-in components required to be returned to a producer or distributor; and
5. Any complaints could be made to the Division of Client Counsel of the Division of Regulation.
The signal heading “Buyer Rights” shall be in letters no less than one and one-half inches excessive and the remaining print shall be in letters no less than one-fourth inch excessive with spacing between letters, phrases and features in order to be clearly legible.
D. An car restore facility shall not be responsible for breach of the written estimated completion date for a restore if the delay is occasioned by (i) an act of God or (ii) an sudden scarcity of labor or components or (iii) different causes past the management of the auto restore facility.
E. Nothing on this part shall require an car restore facility to provide a written estimate if the ability is unwilling to carry out the requested restore work.
F. The provisions of this part shall not apply to the restore of any motorcar which is any automotive listed within the Official Judging Handbook of the Vintage Car Membership of America.
1979, c. 506; 1995, c. 110; 2012, cc. 803, 835.
§ 59.1-207.4. Provide to return changed components required; buyer’s proper to examine components
An car restore facility shall supply on the time the restore work is allowed to return to the client any components that are faraway from the motorcar and changed through the means of restore; offered that any half which is required to be returned to a producer or distributor below a guaranty settlement, trade-in settlement or core cost settlement for a reconditioned half needn’t be returned to the client. If the client needs the return of changed components topic to core cost or different trade-in agreements, buyer agrees to pay the ability the extra core cost or different trade-in price. The client retains the appropriate to examine requested returned components even when custody is refused.
1979, c. 506.
§ 59.1-207.5. Written bill required upon completion of restore work
Upon completion of any restore work on a motorcar, together with work carried out pursuant to any guarantee, an car restore facility shall present the client a written bill which clearly signifies the work carried out and the fees for components and labor, individually said, and which individually identifies these components offered below guarantee and never below guarantee, and identifies these components, if any, that are used, rebuilt or reconditioned. The provisions of this part shall not apply to work carried out which was completed on an marketed single worth foundation.
1979, c. 506.
§ 59.1-207.5:1. Sale or set up of motorcar glass; prohibited conduct
No individual promoting or engaged within the sale, set up, or alternative of motorcar glass shall promote, promise to offer, or supply any coupon, credit score, or rebate to pay all or a part of an insurance coverage deductible below a coverage of motorcar insurance coverage, as outlined in § 38.2-124, except such individual expenses not more than the prevailing market price for such providers.
2003, c. 707.
§ 59.1-207.6. Enforcement; penalties
Any violation of the provisions of this chapter shall represent a prohibited observe pursuant to the provisions of § 59.1-200 and shall be topic to any and the entire enforcement provisions of Chapter 17 (§ 59.1-196 et seq.) of this title.
1979, c. 506.